Fractal Arrow Prediction

Charts posted by GG

This topic contains 58 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  George 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi G,
      Nice pictures, thanks. Glad to know that your indicator still has good result until now. And i am very happy knowing that your indicator works great for different TF and different pairs … this is really rock !!!

Participant

Nice work! All trades were in profit.

Looks great GG!

Thanks for posting these screenshots.

I have a few questions.

1. Are your fractals DB now based on closed price fractals?
          2. Did you clean out the data to remove any gaps (weekend gaps, general price gaps)?
          3. Is there anything else that we need to do to prepare the data?

Thank you!  :yahoo:

Focus, Patience, Determination & Order in chaos

Participant

Ohhh, here we go again…

Stinky, there is no EA per your “requirements”, and there will be no “proof” for claims that wasn’t made.

There is an indicator that does what it shows.

Most of the charts posted are at end of session, so you can match last prediction with whatever came next. Very simple task for you, I’m sure.

If you don’t have enough charts to satisfy your “statistics” – I’ll gladly provide 50 more charts so you can complete your “proofing” investigation.

And…. BTW: You are still invited to Skype session with me, with live charts screen sharing. But, We all know that you will refuse…

G.

Participant

Saver,

1. No, DB is as it was before. I was lazy to do it during testing differences.. and I already had the Close price in DB. So modifications to the algo seems simpler. in retrospect: a mistake…

2. Same as #1 –

3. Just “slice” big-bars and make sure not to include fractals among the slices.

G.

Participant

Hi G,

a) About DB for year 2011-2012, so we do not need to remove the weekend gaps zz leg (the valid fractal & zz) ? Or do you mean it is for year 2013 ?

b) Do you use ATR to slice it, with 5 value setting ? Or do you use a fixed value, ex: >5 pips = 2 bars.

Thanks a lot

Participant

Hi Pedma,

Regarding your point (a) ,  I think GG does not change anything to DB. The gaps handling and splitting the bars is done in his algo …

How should we go about ” “slice” big-bars and make sure not to include fractals among the slices”.

If the bar is lets say 10pips in height (up bar), how should we split it up?

Thanks!

Participant

That is a good point saver0. I think if the big candle is at the end of ZZ leg (it has a fractal),  and if it can be split to 4 bars, it will be :  1 1 1 1  (frac will be at the last only).

About splitting it “static”  with fix pips, or “dynamic” by calculating the average of last X candles ,  which one is better ?  Thanks

Participant

May be i am wrong, but for building SET2 and store it in database, it would be better if we take the valid fractals only. This SET2 will be used regularly, and to decrease time in DB access and calculation (including building SET3) , i think it will be better. Any idea?

Participant

Hi guys,

I would like to read Madmoney’s doc (blueprint), so i will know why we must do calculation  on the fly (not in DB). Atr is a good choice in splitting big candle. For a strong trend big candle, we may not split it into ‘too much’ pieces. If we use fix static value, it will be too much for strong trend candle, and get less splitted candles in a calm market moving.

Participant

Hi Elen21,

I see, but how about this : http://penguintraders.com/forums/topic/nodejs-mysql-connection-example/#post-1043  ??    “They are all stored in the DB and gets loaded into memory whenever needed for comparison.”

I don’t think we should use ATR to split the candles because the ATR I think will cause mismatches with the history. The candles should be I think be split based on the average bar size of the entire dataset instead. But we can try each one. It shouldn’t be too difficult to test each case  :-)

Participant

Hi everybody,

don’t want to speak for GG, but I have it confirmed by him that real-time bars are sliced by ATR(5) and then are compared against UNsliced history bars.  Attached is a simple indicator that shows how many times each bar shoud be counted for.

Hope it helps.

Vlan

Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.

Do we have any coders that understand the Node.js/MQL4 code I have written to be able to try this out?
                                  I probably won’t have time to switch on my brain to do fractals stuff for at least another week or two.

Participant

@vlanfx, thanks mate :good:

@saver0, thank you very much for all you have done. I will try to look at your code this week end, and try my best to try it, and contribute if possible :)

Awesome!! Very happy to have another coder work on it :yahoo:

I want to let you know that the MT4 part, I was testing out a few things and the state it’s in is not ideal. Like the way it figures out the current fractal/zigzag pattern before sending it to Node.js app may not be correct. There could be couple of things you could do to do something better with that. Also don’t forget to read the document that Madmoney put together (in the Document section of the group).

Let me know if you want to talk on Skype. Just PM me with your Skype username and I would be happy to explain anything. I’m so busy with so many things that I lack the time to do everything. I’m confident that Fractal Arrows can produce usable signals. This really could be the last thing we need to trade TZs highly profitably.
                                      I’m certain that the time you spend on this will be highly rewarded even if fractal arrows ends up flopping :yes:

Participant

@ gg53

What is your defintion of a “miss” for adaptability?

For example arrow points down.

If one of 3 bars before or after the arrow has a higher High than the arrow?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Koni.
                                        Participant

Koni,

Exact definition for “adaptability” is in FF posts, which you can find here as “salvaged” docs.

G.

Participant

Hi gg, do you have any new charts? :) Can be long term version! If you can post at least one I would be happy. :) Have a nice day!

Participant

Hi gg, do you have any new charts? :) Can be long term version! If you can post at least one I would be happy. :) Have a nice day!

What’s the purpose/question?

Attached recent EU M5 & M15:

G.

Attachments:
                                              Participant

Well, first I was curious! And it’s a bit dead here..  :scratch:  so I asked for some pictures. And I want learn C# again after some time, I failed before when tried to learn cycles. Need motivation..  ;-) And yeah, don’t want to bother so much about this but, please, if you get 4H signal, can you share it with us? Want to look at it real time after months. Thanks GG!

Participant

Well, first I was curious! And it’s a bit dead here.. :scratch: so I asked for some pictures. And I want learn C# again after some time, I failed before when tried to learn cycles. Need motivation.. ;-) And yeah, don’t want to bother so much about this but, please, if you get 4H signal, can you share it with us? Want to look at it real time after months. Thanks GG!

Attached recent EU H4 :

G.

Attachments:
                                                  Participant

Thank you, G! I’ll ask some questions. Your main “logic” is programmed in Visual Studio? If yes, are you using just console application? I’ll learn much better when know about little things like these. :) And yeah, never saw so big drawdown. This means that this signal was “bad”? (Hope you understand) Thanks again! :)

Participant

Thank you, G! I’ll ask some questions. Your main “logic” is programmed in Visual Studio? If yes, are you using just console application? I’ll learn much better when know about little things like these. :) And yeah, never saw so big drawdown. This means that this signal was “bad”? (Hope you understand) Thanks again! :)

What “so big drawdown” are you talking about?

I posted a chart, not trading journal…

Logic is written in mql and interface to DB is C#.

G.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.