Yep, I watched in my new magnifying lens I coded last night (see pics):
Watch out !! ECB major announcement today (EUR), together with Unemployment Claims (USD), roughly at the same time.
- Pic 1: normal activity. I chose AUDJPY for this example for minor influence by EUR and USD news G. mentioned.
- Pic 2: during the event I had a phase of more than 1 minute with no ticks coming in (broker GP)
- Pic 3: ticks are coming in again
- Pic 4: up to 800 points per second during EURUSD news (bottom indicator window)
- Pic 5: tick count vs. point count
Indicator source will be published in my next post. When interpreting those pics please keep in mind that every bar of the indicator represents 1 second in time, irrespective of timeframe chosen on chart! s.
Your broker probably block trading during announcements/News and/or open huge spread.
In any case – today’s ECB announcement probably “leaked” or known before to financial institutions.
See the breakout timing on the ForexGT_VolumeOsc (vertical line).