Fractal Arrow Prediction

Installation & Getting started guide

This topic contains 36 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mecki 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello SaveO, here is my screen shot. I am still wondering why it is not showing arrow. Thank you for your time and effort.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

This is how my screen looks before and after i attached the Fractals Arrow Indicator. There is communication between MT4 and mysql. My database is populated.
        But no Fractal Arrow is showing on my screen.

Attachments:

Can you please show me a screenshot of the Node.js app right after you start it up again. This should be after the data is already in the database. Once your database is loaded, there is no need to populate it again. Then just attach the indicator with load_data set to false to test for arrows anytime after the end_time.

Focus, Patience, Determination & Order in chaos

Participant

Hi SaverO, Thank you very much. My mistake was not turning the load_data set to false after loading the database.
            Here is the screenshot of Node.js and my chat with arrow. Thanks :good:

Attachments:

Awesome! Now just need to tweak the logic to make it work :-)

You may need to adjust things on both ends (node.js app and MT4 code).

Focus, Patience, Determination & Order in chaos

Participant

hi all!
                I installed all indicators, everything earned! But the arrow didn’t appear. what’s the problem? :scratch:

Attachments:

Ничто не ново под луной:
                Что было, то и будет.
                Я завершаю круг и - вновь
                Готов бежать по кругу...

Participant

Hi Saver0,

I hope you are still supporting this. Really impressing framework.

I am trying to install this under Windows 10. Everything went smooth, to the point where I should call “node fractal_server.js” (5d). This gives me the error message, that it can’t find module underscore. I am sure I did install it per your instructions and I could even locate it on my hard disk. I tried to add the path of it to the system path (an rebooted), but this didn’t help.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks
                  Mecki

Participant

Hi Saver0, I hope you are still supporting this. Really impressing framework. I am trying to install this under Windows 10. Everything went smooth, to the point where I should call “node fractal_server.js” (5d). This gives me the error message, that it can’t find module underscore. I am sure I did install it per your instructions and I could even locate it on my hard disk. I tried to add the path of it to the system path (an rebooted), but this didn’t help. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks Mecki

Hello,

You may try to copy “C:\Users\profile\yourname\Roaming\npm\node_modules” directory to the Node installation directory. And you should install Node outside of “Program files” directory (and “Program Files (x86)” as well).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  moon.
                    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  moon.
                    Participant

Hi Moon,

thank you for your help. It brought me one step further but not through. Please see below for the error message I am getting now.

Thanks
                      Mecki

C:\Node>node fractal_server.js
                      Loading data starttime null euus_fractal_m15 SELECT * FROM euus_fractal_m15 ORDER BY datetime ASC
                      C:\Node\fractal_server.js:891
                      connection.query(selectString, function(err, rows)
                      ^

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘query’ of undefined
                      at C:\Node\fractal_server.js:891:13
                      at Handshake.onConnect (C:\Node\node_modules\mysql\lib\Pool.js:54:9)
                      at Handshake.Sequence.end (C:\Node\node_modules\mysql\lib\protocol\sequences\Sequence.js:96:24)
                      at Protocol.handleNetworkError (C:\Node\node_modules\mysql\lib\protocol\Protocol.js:364:14)
                      at PoolConnection.Connection._handleNetworkError (C:\Node\node_modules\mysql\lib\Connection.js:421:18)
                      at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
                      at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)
                      at emitErrorNT (net.js:1253:8)
                      at nextTickCallbackWith2Args (node.js:442:9)
                      at process._tickCallback (node.js:356:17)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  mecki.
                      Participant

C:\Node\fractal_server.js:891 connection.query(selectString, function(err, rows)

Now it’s simple Node works well but mysql server doesn’t work (or is blocked by firewall – make sure that is properly running on port 3306) or Node connection is blocked by firewall (or antivirus).

Participant

Aeeh, Hi, me again. It’s starting to get embarrassing.
                          Ok, node runs now fine, I downloaded tickstory and EURUSD tick data for the recommended time interval and exported it to MT4. As a result of this a bunch of HST files were copied to a directory C:\Users\MelanieandMarkus\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3212703ED955F10C7534BE8497B221F4\history\OANDA-GMT-5 Practice and another bunch of FXT files were copied to a directory C:\Users\MelanieandMarkus\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3212703ED955F10C7534BE8497B221F4\tester\history. The HST folder already had other HST files, the FXT folder only contains the files which were copied by tickstory.

The problem is, that no matter what I do, I don’t get a EURUSD M15 chart on MT4 which goes back to a time before 2013.

Thanks again,
                          Mecki

Participant

OK, take that back. It is a problem between my MT4 built and the tickstory version. Obviously version 1.5.3 does not work with built 950. I guess I need to invest 30 bucks and get version 1.7.4.

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.