Fractal Arrow Prediction

GG chart

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anti 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all

The attached chart is what GG posted on the thread.
      I added some info
      The green line is the bar close values connected
      The blue lines are the bar high and low values connected
      The gold line is the bar (H+L) / 2 connected.

The purple arrows are the standard fractals
      The golden dots are the fractals based on closed values.
      The red crosses are the fractals that GG say they are wrong
      I numbered the fractals.

If we can find the rules for the red crosses then i think we can generate a better set 2 and 3.

If I look to the fractals 1,2 and 3 you can say, the close value of the bars is opposite the fractals.
      Different said, when I have an up fractal the bar close value is closer to the bar low value then the bar high value.
      This rulewould also say fractal 4 is OK.
      Same rule fractal 5 is wrong.
      same rule for fractal 7 OK.

Fractals 6 and 8 are fractals based on 6 bar pattern, with two bars with same hight.
      These fractals could also be drawn one bar earlier and then the are OK, otherwise need extra rule.

Fractal 10 is OK.

fractal 9 and 11 are different / wrong?.
      The only i could think on for the time being is that +/- 1 bar are also ok.
      But then fractal 2 should be a good one and GG says it is a wrong one.
      So i’m missing some rule/condition.
      Maybe you can have a look.

BR
      Huub

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

Hi Emonts

The rule is simple: the fractal bar must have it’s close higher/lower than the rest of bars that make up the pattern.  Bars with red crosses don’t meet this condition.

Vlan

Participant

Thank you very much.

BR

Huub

Participant

Can I ask you this: does close needs to be higher than other closes or higher than other highs?

Thank you!

Hi Emonts

The rule is simple: the fractal bar must have it’s close higher/lower than the rest of bars that make up the pattern. Bars with red crosses don’t meet this condition.

Vlan

Participant

Can I ask you this: does close needs to be higher than other closes or higher than other highs? Thank you!

Hi Emonts The rule is simple: the fractal bar must have it’s close higher/lower than the rest of bars that make up the pattern. Bars with red crosses don’t meet this condition. Vlan

close higher than other closes.

Keep in mind that two or several consecutive bars can have same closing price, so actually it is higher than other bars from one side and higher or equal than other bars from the other side of fractal bar.  This logic (left or right) must by in sync with your ZigZag indicator so you don’t get zigzag endings without a fractal.

Vlan

Hi VlanFX

Which mode are using with your modified fractal indicator you posted on steve hopwood?
                Are you using the one where a close fractal is the same as a classic fractal?

Participant

Hi @vlanfx Which mode are using with your modified fractal indicator you posted on steve hopwood? Are you using the one where a close fractal is the same as a classic fractal?

no, I have that option set to False.  I included that option only out of curiosity to see how it will look like and maybe I’ll find some use for it later, but I haven’t experimented with it yet.

Anyway, if you want to use this indicator, please use the one I’m attaching here, since I have updated it since.  The original version had a strict rule that the central bar’s close must be highest of all 5 bars. This didn’t work sometimes when several bars had same closing price. So I softened the rule on the left side, and now fractal will appear on the rightmost bar of such bars sequence. Note that this must be in line with how your zigzag defines tops/bottoms for these situations.

Vlan

Attachments:
                  Participant

Vlan, how are your results so far?

Participant

Recently I decided to start yet another version of this, this time totally from scratch so right now I don’t have a working copy.  One common problem with all previous versions was early signals in trending markets.

Participant

Recently I decided to start yet another version of this, this time totally from scratch so right now I don’t have a working copy. One common problem with all previous versions was early signals in trending markets.

i followed GG’s fractal arrow,in ff,stevehopwood,penguin,i see you have a good understanding. now,i have some questions.could you give me some advice. thanks in advance.

what’s your result now,have a good improvement?how we define the viliad zz end ,for example

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by  cp1989.
                        Attachments:
                        Participant

:unsure:nobody here,anyone can help me?scrach my head

Participant

No, sorry. I’ve never tried to replicate GG’s arrow indicator …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.